- Read the guidelines below.
- Think about a business idea and consider who will be a part of your business.
- Get a parent’s permission and submit your business application before September 8, 2017 at: http://www.childrensbusinessfair.org/raleigh. This is the parent website for all Children’s Business Fairs. Please note that the application is on a per-business basis (each participant’s information needs to be listed to be considered). You will receive an email confirmation after you submit your application.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Fair Co-Director. Participants will receive notification about the status of their application by email AND phone.
- Accepted businesses are required to submit a $20 booth deposit to hold their space at the Fair. The deposit will be returned at the start of the Fair. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made after September 8, 2017.
Applicants must be between the ages of 6 – 14 by October 7, 2017. The application deadline is September 8, 2017.
No more than three participants per business are permitted. Use your imagination and passion to develop a business idea that excites you — the sky’s the limit! Offensive or otherwise inappropriate business ideas/products will not be considered. Participants or parents (and customers too!) who create an unwelcome environment during the Fair will be asked to leave. Businesses that require an electric source will not be considered.
Each business will be given a 10-foot by 10-foot covered tent. In each tent will be: one six-foot table, one white table covering, and one chair. Table covers are required per North Hills. If you opt to bring your own table cover it can be any color or material. Decorations, signs, and other display materials are permitted as long as they fit under the tent and are not affixed with glue, tape, etc. to the tables, chairs, and tents provided.
Parents of younger children may sit in their booth, but the children are to be responsible for the setup, sales and interacting with the customers. This event is designed to give children a taste of selling a product. Please let them have that experience. Please be prepared with any change you may need for your customers. Any parent seen selling to the customer or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the competition.
Booths will be evaluated by independent judges who interact with each business during the Fair. Cash prizes of $60 per business will be awarded in the following categories: Best Presentation, Most Original Business Idea, Greatest Potential, Outstanding Customer Service, and a Shopper’s Choice Award.
Questions? Email Blake Brewer, Fair Co-Director, at RaleighCBF@gmail.com.
Apply online at: https://www.childrensbusinessfair.org/raleigh.